I have a 1995 Suzuki Truck Sidekick 4WD 1.6L 16V MFI SOHC 4cyl high /low rpms n park

I have a 1995 Suzuki Truck Sidekick 4WD 1.6L 16V MFI SOHC 4cyl just started to have this problem i start it up in park it revs up to 2 rpms put in drive or reverse no high rpms . If i let it in park to run it revs to 2 rpms  then starts to rev up and down from 1-2 rpms. i got new map sensor,cleaned and checked IAC, cleaned throttle body. And still same problem any help afraid to drive don't want to get broke down .

• Administrators

Ohnogee...Before considering a laundry list of possible causes, I'd suggest looking for a vacuum leak first.  This can be a loose hose, leaky PCV valve/system or the brake booster leaking.  An O2 sensor out of whack or an exhaust leak between the exhaust manifold and the cat could be a trouble source.   

Next, do you have any codes?  1995 is the last year of OBD (not OBD-II).  There would be a limited number of stored code(s).  If you have access to a scan tool that can read an OBD GM system, try to retrieve a stored code—especially if the dash MIL/Check Engine light is on.

As for fast idle, you have targeted some devices that can cause this sort of engine behavior (MAP, IAC and throttle body).  Ideally, you should get a scan of the engine while it's running and misbehaving.  This will show devices out of parameters (PIDs).  Start with my first suggestions before investing in an O2 sensor, which is a possibility. 

My next concern would be a pressure regulator or restriction problem causing too much fuel pressure at the MFI rail and injectors.  We'll discuss that if these other suggestions don't nail it.  A fuel pressure check is always useful with these symptoms.

Moses