Need a 1997 Dodge Dakota Manual Transmission

New to the forums and had a question regarding my 97 Dakota 5.2l 4x4. I currently have a NV3500 manual trans and it didn't have 4th gear when i bought it. The guy said the synchros went out but i have never rebuilt a transmission and the only shop in town that will do it wants an arm and a leg to do it. I'm wanting to just get a transmission to swap into my truck. Im having a difficult time finding any around me. Can i use one from a grand cherokee, ram or swap it for the ax15? Im just trying to see what my options are. 

• Administrators

Jordan...The AX15 is commonly a replacement for the NV3550 in the TJ Wrangler.  The NV3500 and 3550 are very similar.  (Confirm which unit you have from the I.D. plate.)  Contact Advance Adapters at 1-800-350-2223.  Ask if the units interchange.  (There may be a tailhousing "clocking position" issue, so verify the interchange.)  If clocking and mating to the bellhousing are not an issue, this could be a sensible route.  The NV3500 and 3550 are no longer in production.

Advance Adapters is a direct distributor for new Aisin AX15 as noted at the website:  https://www.advanceadapters.com

Moses

• Moses Ludel changed the title to Need a 1997 Dodge Dakota Manual Transmission