Parts Compatibility between Suzuki Vitara and Geo Tracker

I have a 2003 tracker and the I need a few parts for it,
i found a parts truck but its a 2001 grand vitara. I know there are many things the same between the two but the body is a bit different in some areas.

Will the back tailgate /door work from the vitara for my tracker ?
and also the carrier housing in the front diff (i dont need the gears inside only housing) Iknow the gears wouldnt work because the vitara is auto and v6 and my tracker is manual and 4 cyl.

thanks so much !!

CHEVY
TRACKER 2003 
4X4
4 CYL
4 DOOR
STANDARD

• Administrators

Rhianna...This parts interchangeability could be sorted out by a parts pro familiar with Suzuki Sidekick and Vitara models.  On the front axle carrier housing, the part number for the front axle carrier housing in a Vitara V-6 automatic axle can be compared to the 2003 Tracker (Sidekick) manual transmission model with 4-cylinder engine.

Part numbers are important because a housing may look the same but may not accommodate particular axle ratios.  (Usually, there is good interchange of axle housings but the carrier for the ring gear may be different for particular gear ratios.)  You can sort this out by the part numbers and axle ratio comparisons between the two applications.  Share the axle ratios with the parts source. While you're bending the counter person's ear, they can also compare Suzuki Vitara and Tracker/Sidekick rear tailgate/door part numbers.

I did some searching and found this Suzuki dealership OEM parts source.  A phone call (number listed at the site) or email (contact button at the site) could help clear up the parts comparisons:  https://suzukiautomotiveparts.com.  This might also be a parts source.

Moses

• Administrators

Rhianna...Let us know what you find out from these folks and the kind of service they provide.  That would be helpful to other forum members.  Suzuki vehicle parts are now becoming more difficult to find in the U.S.  A reliable parts source would be helpful to the Suzuki/Geo community.

Here's an objective look at Suzuki automobiles/SUVs, parts and service in the U.S. since Suzuki stopped marketing in this country:

http://www.autotrader.com/car-news/buying-a-used-car-should-you-buy-a-suzuki-228747

Moses

so i couldn't get ahold of them at that number but i found a site : http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/

they have a live chat and the guy was so helpful, i asked him this same question and he looked it all up and unfortunately he said that 

"The dimensions of the differential carrier housing of suzuki suzuki vitara is different from 2003 Chevrolet Tracker"

but he knew i wasnt buying anything from them and still spent a bunch of time looking it up for me and doing part searches etc..

• 1 month later...