New Shell for the Ram 3500 and Summer Detailing

• Administrators

Many of the magazine's viewers and forum members have seen our 2005 Ram 3500 4x4 pickup at events or on the road. Seems we're always hauling gear or toting a trailer! For keeping our gear dry and free of dust, we went shopping and ordered an A.R.E. V-Series shell with the Outdoorsman side door window option.  Our local dealer is Trimline at Reno, Nevada, and they skillfully worked around the Transfer Flow fuel cell and spray-in bed liner.

iframe>

To highlight our new shell installation, the truck got a thorough bath and detailing job at Franktown Center Car Wash, Reno. At 150K miles, the Ram cleans up nicely and still performs as new.  Preventive care, routine maintenance and protecting the finish each make a difference. That's the 4WD Mechanix way!

We bought the truck new in October 2004, and it will be in our fleet for another dozen years or more.  These forums are about maintenance and repairs, and I worked as a light/medium duty truck fleet mechanic early in my career.  Preventive maintenance habits have paid off.  Beyond an ECM replacement under factory warranty, I'm the only one who has spun a wrench on this vehicle since new.  Attention to detail and OEM restoration techniques pay off!

Moses