Bearing Re-Greasing Using a Vacuum Pump

Note:  The link quote below ("Rebuilding the Jeep Ross TL Cam and Lever Steering Gear") is a lengthy exchange with Moses Ludel.  Below is my original question from this thread, followed by Moses' response:

(This particular bearing was a steering column roller bearing, but the same basic process could be used on a variety of ball or roller bearing types):

I soaked and cleaned the upper steering column bearing in solvent, let it dry completely, then re-greased it using Dupont Teflon grease.  I did not want to try to disassemble this unusually shaped bearing in order to grease it, as I wasn't completely sure I'd be able to get it back together correctly.  On the other hand, the clearances where grease could be pushed into the assembled bearing are very tight, so trying to pack it manually might not have succeeded in getting enough grease inside.  Instead, I used a vacuum pump & canister to "pull" the grease into the bearing, which worked very well. 

Column%20Bearing%20re-greasing_zpsdtajkb

Here's a video (not mine) on this general subject showing the steps in this process:

Moses' reply and our exchange can be found by clicking the quote link: