Re gear jeep xj 2.5L

Moses ,

Thanks, How about if i use a  30 to 31 tire the  4.56 gear is ok in the 2.5L  what can i do to add power to my 2.5L  change cam  change fuel injector  or change the throttle body? How about if my engine in the xj is 4.0L with auto tranny,  what do i need in this set up. your suggestion please. 

Cheers:

Mario Bedayo 

Philippines

• Administrators

Mario...For 30-31 inch tires, you could use 4.56 gears.  If the XJ Cherokee is 1991 or newer, there is very little I would do for more power.  Some change the intake and air filter, some add a header.  A camshaft change would not gain much on a 2.5L four.  I would stick with the gearing change.

A 4.0L inline six with 33" inch tires calls for 4.56 gears.  30-31 inch tires would be 4.10 gears like I use.  Gears, again, will make the biggest difference for the 4.0L or the 2.5L.  For power, a 4.6L stroker build of the 4.0L is the best approach.  We have covered the 4.6L build-up at the forums, and there are many articles and videos on the 4.6L stroker six at the magazine site.

Moses

Edited by Moses Ludel