Hickok (WAE7652WA) Coil on Plug Quick Probe vs Waekon

Moses,

In another thread you recommended the Hickok (WAE7652WA) Coil on Plug Quick Probe II. When I went to amazon I found the Waekon 76562 Coil Over Plug Quick Probe with Variable Sensitivity http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0021UPE58/ref=s9_simh_gw_g263_i2_r?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=19GMKDP3NT5P1FBKQHYB&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop . Is there any difference except the $15.00 or so savings on the Waekon? I would also like to know if either come with instructions and if the Hickok needs to be hit before it will operate?

This seems like a strange tool, but so does the Lisle 20700. I have no idea how that might work.

If anyone else has a comment I would accept your comments as well. Just because I address something to Moses doesn't mean I will dismiss your experience.

Thanks.

• Administrators

BadDriver4x4...The Weakon should work fine, I have a tool like it and also the tester for EFI injectors.  The best feature of these tools is their simplicity.  Each is reading inductive voltage, a surface reading that does not require disassembling the coil-on-plug units or removing a bunch of parts.  You can read a fully failed situation or even a subtle misfire.

I still have a pair 'sixties era surface induction ammeters for testing starter motor draw and generator/alternator output.  Each reads current flow from the surface of a cable.  Though not 100% accurate by this means, this is a quick and very satisfactory method for troubleshooting.

Moses