2000 Geo Tracker Motor Swap

Alright I have a 2000 Chevy Tracker with the 2.0L with a 5 speed manual and 4x4. The motor is shot and I have a 2.5L out of a 1987 Jeep that I am thinking about putting in. Will the 2.5 jeep motor bolt up to the tracker transmission? Will I need a adapter? Would it be easier to swap the whole drivetrain (motor, transmission, transfer case)? Please help me out here.

• Administrators

Tobias...An excellent source of information on the Geo Tracker would be Calmini Products.  The Jeep engine would be a major adaptation issue, perhaps there's a later Tracker conversion engine that makes better sense.  Since this is Suzuki territory, there may be a Suzuki engine that works here.  Calmini could comment.  Website address:  https://www.calmini.com/

Others may have insights into the late Geo Tracker and Suzuki Sidekick engine swaps...Calmini does list performance products for these models, perhaps it's more practical to massage better performance out of your 2.0L engine.  The Suzuki OHC engine is certainly more sophisticated than a 2.5L OHV pushrod engine, although we all can appreciate the '87 Jeep (AMC design) engine for its service ease and reliability.

Moses

Edited by Moses Ludel