• Administrators

Welding can be a gratifying vocation or a hobby. Some weld for a living, day in and day out, and I taught adult education level students to value this trade for automotive body, chassis, structural, casting, maintenance and repair work careers. In this forum, the community of professionals and hobbyists can come together and discuss the various aspects of welding and brazing: stick (SMAW), oxy-acetylene (gas), MIG (wire feed or GMAW, solid wire and fluxcore), TIG (tungsten electrode or GTAW) and silver brazing (hard, higher temperature soldering with oxy-acetylene).

Fusing metal properly is highly gratifying, the matching of a metal's base and filler materials, heating to the correct molten point, and building a strong, penetrating, properly shaped weld. In this forum, expect skilled welders to share insights with newcomers about welding processes, brazing rods and techniques plus other aspects of safe welding and welding equipment. 4WD Mechanix Magazine covers welding and metallurgy in articles and HD video how-to. I look forward to checking in at this forum!—Moses Ludel

post-1-0-76646200-1365055268_thumb.jpg post-1-0-20342000-1365055267_thumb.jpg post-1-0-88070800-1365054700_thumb.jpg

This is an oxy-acetylene exercise, welding a cube together with a variety of welding positions. Oxy-acetylene is the foundation for all other welding processes and very similar to TIG in principle. Each of these photos are from my welding tutorial classes and the welding related how-to available in my articles and HD videos at 4WD Mechanix Magazine and HD Video Network.