2005 TJ Wrangler Rubicon Parking Brake Actuators

Replacing most parts of the parking brakes on my 2005 TJ Rubicon, I bought 2 parking brake lever kits (Dorman 926-293) only to discover that putting them together the way they are marked for left and right seems to be different from the ones I pulled out. The existing ones are rusted together and so far I haven't been able to see how the markings line up. I don't know if they may have been installed wrong in the past, if they may be marked wrong or something else I'm missing. Does anyone know of assembly instructions for this part?

• Administrators

Hi, dynodave...The best source for your task is always a factory service manual or Mopar Parts Manual.  The PDF below is excerpted from a 2005 TJ Wrangler service manual, which I happen to have in my library.  This is the level of information you will get from an FSM, and they are available in original Mopar print form or convenient CD reprint form, which is actually easier to navigate with the bookmarking:

2005 TJ Wrangler Rear Parking Brakes.pdf

Here are two pages from a Mopar factory parts manual that cover the rear parking brakes (rear disc models like yours):

2005 TJ Wrangler Rear Parking Brakes.pdf

See if this is the info you need.  If you like this level of information, a good source for copyrighted CD versions of the factory service manual (Mopar) is Bishko at eBay.  They seem reliable, I have recommended some of their books.  To make the point, I get an FSM for any vehicle we buy or that I work on to a serious degree.

Let us know whether this solves your issue...

Moses

• Moses Ludel changed the title to 2005 TJ Wrangler Rubicon Parking Brake Actuators