Advance Adapters Transfer Case Shift Linkage for TJ Rubicon Jeep 4x4

Moses...I want to replace my OEM cable shifter.  I found the Advance Adapters Jeep Wrangler TJ Cable Shifter # 715543.  Could you let me know your tips about this item, does it really work? Or is just for appearance style? When do people replace this part?

Please keep in mind My 2006 Jeep TJ Rubicon 2006 automatic has 5.38:1 ratio Dana 44 axles, lockers front and rear with the NV241-J transfer case.  (The vehicle VIN begins 1J4FA69S06P...)

The the link about this item  https://www.advanceadapters.com/products/715543--jeep-wrangler-tj-cable-shifter-for-new-process-231--241-transfer-cases/.

Best regards,

Elkin

• Administrators

Hi, Elkin…To begin, I have known the Advance Adapters company and products since the 1970s.  The products have always been durable and well engineered.  They are better today than ever, and this includes the shift linkage kits. 

Your Jeep has a lift.  A chassis or body lift plus oversized tires can make the stock shift linkage awkward to operate and prone to binding.  If your transfer case is in good condition, you can benefit from this linkage in several ways.  When the chassis and body twist to any degree, a cable shifter will flex enough to compensate.  Mechanical levers and rods will not.  A prime market for this shifter is the hardcore four-wheeler who goes off-pavement and places the axles, frame and body at odd angles.

As mentioned at the product description, the cable shifter reverses the shift pattern.  The handle all the way forward will be 4-Lo.  All the way back will be 2WD-Hi.  The new shift knob shows this new pattern...Once the driver becomes accustomed to this pattern, it will be easy to shift with the handle design.

Modern cable controls have an inner liner sheath that does not require lubrication.  They work well over the service life of the part.  This shifter assembly should eliminate any concerns about linkage binding.

If you drive off-pavement, have a chassis lift, are in a humid climate and want sure, positive shifts, this Advance Adapters assembly is superior to the OEM shift linkage.  Yes, some would buy this shifter just for looks—and that says a lot.  However, it was designed for utility.  If you need an improvement in the transfer case shifting, this cable shifter has much to offer.

I trust this is helpful...

Moses