Last fall I bought a beautiful 1997 TJ Wrangler. It came with a 4-inch lift running 33's. While I could get in, my wife could not. I ended up buying some power steps from Rock Slide Engineering.  Not only are they power steps but they are rock sliders. These things are the cats behind!! They are RUGGED.

They have them for TJ's and newer Wranglers. Now, while my TJ will never see the trail riding that will require sliders, the steps are awesome. In the pics you will see a small magnet on the door, and there is a sensor on the door post. They open and close automatically. They are pricey, but they are super nice. The engineering is top notch. If you're in need of sliders, these are worth considering. 

20210808_173023.jpg

20210808_173023.jpg

20210808_173038.jpg

20210808_173047.jpg

20210808_173054.jpg

20210808_173146.jpg

• Administrators

Monty, a great looking, functional solution to two problems!  Retracted, you have a full-fledged off pavement 4x4.  When you need to enter or exit the TJ, it's no hardship and without doing the splits!  Sensible...I like the way the steps retract fully into a fitted well.  

Did you have the rock slider steps painted to match your TJ Wrangler?

Moses

• Moses Ludel changed the title to Rock Slide Engineering Solution for 1997 TJ Wrangler

The steps come with a course texture power coat. Because of the custom Viper Red paint job. I sanded the power coat smooth. My neighbor epoxy primed and then painted and clear coated the steps, doors and top. Prior to installing the steps I installed 3M PPF film for that added layer of protection. 

As stated Rock Slide Engineering makes these for all 97 and newer Wrangers and the new Gladiators. 

After installing these I had a problem with the driver side steps.  They didn't work.  A couple of phone calls and further testing, RSE send me a  replacement motor. Their customer service is as good as their product,  top notch. 

Roger 

20210808_173010.jpg