cindy_c

Help me to know more about auto insurance

Hi,
One of my friends was met with an accident a few months ago. His family is not financially good and spent a considerable amount on his treatments now. He is almost recovered now But needs some more treatments. His car is completely damaged. Now he needs to fix his car. He needs to claim for the auto insurance. But it's been three or four months after this accident had happened. So I dont know there is any time limit to claim for insurance. Please share your thoughts regarding this.

Cindy_c...If the accident was documented with a police report, witnesses or other legal means, the time involved should make no difference.  In the U.S., insurance companies usually make access to claims available for two years from the time of the incident.  This can vary from state to state. 

Your embedded link is to a Canadian company.  Suggest to your friend that he file a claim with his insurance company.  If he had insurance at the time of the accident, the policy should be in effect.  If the insurance company does not respond, have him contact the province insurance department or a licensed attorney.  

Moses Ludel, and just for example here is I found a great article ( https://www.general.com/articles/aaa-vs-state-farm ), where author explains everything about Automobile Association of America (AAA) and how it works, as well as compares it with State Farm and how it can be cheaper, in some specific cases. Can you say something about it? Any positive experience?