1996 sidekick 4 door child seat latch?

I am looking at buying a 1996 Suzuki sidekick 4 door but the seller can not seem to tell me if the back seats have the metal brackets that baby/toddler seats hook to.  Not sure if he doesn’t know what I am talking about or if he just forgets to go look for me.  I live 2 hours away and I don’t want to drive out there if it does not. I have 2 toddlers so i need to know before I possible waste 4 hours round trip. I am not very familiar with any 90’s car so I don’t know if things like that were standard back then or if just the family sedans had them. 

• Administrators

Richard, the 1996 Geo Tracker does not have the metal brackets.  According to Chevrolet/Geo, the seat restraint (toddler car seat) is held in place by the rear seat belt assembly.  I researched this, and there is no top strap anchor provision either.  You need to install an anchor for that strap.  See pages 1-37 to 1-42 in the owner's handbook for details on how to secure the infant/toddler car seats according to GM expectations.  A PDF copy of the handbook is available online at:

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/1996/geo/tracker/1996_chevrolet_tracker_owners.pdf

Our 1999 Jeep XJ Cherokee 4-door does not have that provision and also requires use of the rear seat belts to secure the car seat.  This was not uncommon during those model years.

Moses