95 F250 tranny fun!!!!

So. 2 nights ago truck made a whirring sound while driving and then stopped moving forward. I was able to pull over and found that I had a drive and reverse..... was also able to put the shifter through the Gears normally.....in D , I take my foot off the brake and it pulls forward like normal .... there’s just no acceleration. Engine revs ..... truck creeps. No issue with reverse ( I didn’t try to go at any speed ..... it was towed to a garage ..... filter  and gasket were changed ..... no pieces of carnage of the transmission in the pan. They put 4 gallons of fluid in and no change......it’s now at the tranny shop and of course they are shutting down for the long weekend. He mentioned a wire or harness that can corrode ??? Esp in this particular generation of f series..... just wondering if there was any insight available...... I love this truck and am always trying to learn more about it. It’s a beast!!!!! 

5739E3A7-AE65-41EB-9C73-39897671E054.jpeg

• Administrators

95F250withthe460...Nice truck!  You have the E4OD transmission, which we have discussed at length in these forums.  While you're waiting for the shop's verdict, come up to speed on typical symptoms, troubleshooting steps and cures for E4OD troubles.

In the forums' search box, click the box to "All Content".  Insert the word:  E4OD.  This will return a multi-page list of discussions and topics related to Ford's popular automatic transmission.  Let's cross fingers for an electronic control problem or wiring issue, much easier and way less costly to repair than a rebuild!

Have a pleasant New Year while the truck awaits the diagnosis...Sounds like the shop is willing to find a simpler fix first and not be fatalistic.

Moses