Hello im new to this i am from hawaii i have a 1989 jeep wrangler and have a brand new motor installed it had an idle problem so i changed the tps set it in between 4.6 and 4.7 on the multimeter which is what the dealer said to set it as and it runs for ten minutes and as soon as i tal the gad it sputter then dies any ideas ?

• Administrators

Nalu, we have covered the 2.5L TBI Jeep engine extensively.  The simplest cause would be a clogged fuel filter or impaired fuel supply.  Fuel pressure at the regulator is important, you need fuel pressure and volume.

Before spending money on parts, use the Search box and change the setting to "All Content".  Search for "2.5L TBI" and you will get a long list of troubleshooting and detailed information exchanges.  Realistically, if there's a problem with the 2.5L engine, we've covered it.  Additionally, you will find my article at the magazine helpful, it has been popular for many years:  http://www.4wdmechanix.com/Tuning-and-Troubleshooting-the-2.5L-Jeep-TBI-Four?r=1.

We look forward to your participation at the forums and would like to know how the current trouble resolves...

Moses