Jeep Wrangler (1992)

Owner: Megatron

Added: 27 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

20131023_113518.jpg

Dodge Ram 3500 (2006)

Owner: Megatron

Added: 25 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

6-inch XJ suspension lift (Lead).jpg

Jeep XJ Cherokee 4WD Sport 4-door (1999)

Owner: Moses Ludel

Added: 15 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Photo

Why Another I-H 4x4 Pickup and Scout or Scout II Forum?

I-H trucks International-Harvester Scout Scout II I-H truck repairs Scout how-to Scout II how-to I-H truck forum

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Moses Ludel

Moses Ludel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 919 posts
  • LocationReno Area...Nevada
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

There are some very good I-H truck and Scout/Scout II forums online!  So, why would you want to join this one?

Well, for one thing, here's an opportunity to start a forum from the ground up, to build the kind of dialogue you like, and to know that there's oversight with credible, well-researched facts!

I have been a staunch I-H truck guy from early-on, having grown up in ranching country with an I-H dealership at its hub.  I know I-H trucks and the Scout from its earliest, slant-four models.  I even know the quirks and foibles of that earlier technology!  

As a footnote, many mature I-H folks know me for the OFF-ROAD Magazine 'Holy Moses!' tech columns in the '80s and '90s, when I fielded endless questions on 4x4s and always included International-Harvester trucks.  My comments once drew the attention of Gale Banks—he puzzled over my staunch support for a 1956 I-H S120 4x4...I had seen these trucks at work in the 'sixties.  

My respect for I-H pickups, the Travelall and the Scout II remain high to this day.  I'd like to hear your experiences and share mine, compare your 'Line Ticket' to others' equipment, even discuss modifications and upgrades—alongside the pure restoration tips and mechanical 'how-to' that many owners seek.

In my view, International-Harvester built some of the best light trucks ever, with in-house and outsourced components that were unrivaled.  These one-off, virtually hand-built light trucks often have no match.

If you join this forum, I've got a wall of bookcases with resource materials on repairs, restoration and technical data for I-H trucks and Scout models...Interested?  I'm ready to talk and share!

Moses

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: I-H trucks, International-Harvester, Scout, Scout II, I-H truck repairs, Scout how-to, Scout II how-to, I-H truck forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users