What Lift Kit, Tires and Wheel Size for a 1991 Geo Tracker?

• Administrators

Your new purchase brings back a flood of memories, time8228.  Two 2-door Geo Trackers were the basis for a project I did with Chevrolet in the mid-'nineties:  We took these vehicles over the Rubicon Trail, a first for Geo or Suzuki.  One vehicle was stone stock with just an aluminum belly pan added.  The other Tracker 4x4, our "support vehicle" that even toted a tiny supply trailer, boasted a prototype Calmini Products 2.5" lift with 29-inch diameter B.F.G. All Terrain tires on stock wheels.  The slightly modified Tracker had a belly pan, rear differential automatic locker and a 5000# winch on the front.  Following the run, the support vehicle was displayed by Chevrolet at the SEMA Show.

The prototype work, belly pan and winch mount/lift kit, was performed by Calmini Products.  Steve Kramer (co-owner of Calmini Products) and I ramrodded the project, and Steve went on to develop Suzuki/Geo aftermarket suspension products.  Calmini is your best source for available lift kits and suggestions on tires and wheels to match.  Try Calmini Products at: https://www.calmini.com/model.php?b=2&m=5.  If you phone them, tell the folks I suggested that you call.

Let us know what you do with your "new" Geo Tracker 4x4.  Have fun and be safe!

Moses