Hello Mose,

Agin ill be asking you regarding the pilot bushing that will i use in my convertion,  when the mechanic remover the 42 Re  he didi not change the pilot bushing or the bearing  and he just install the flywhell, the clutch disc, the pressure plate,of the ax 15 from a donor  1993 xy 4.0, we just change a new  hydraulic release bearing, and fit it. we cut the drive shaft  2' from the rear and add 2' to front .as per mechanic advice . so the trans mission fits with no obstacle.  we bleed the line , and then what happens it will not shift  from neutral fo first.. the mechanic told me that our  clutch release bearing moves a liilttle and the pedal is floored already. i dont whats happening here... do i have to change  the pilot  bushing? as we did not change it. its still the old bushing in the crakshsft. the size of the output shsft is  ..750   please help me with this. . i want my zj can run so that i will enjoy drivng it with ax 15. trans.  Thanks.

Mario Bedayo

Philippines.

• Administrators

Mario...You need a pilot bushing that matches the AX15 transmission.  Your engine is a 1993 4.0L Jeep six.  Find a pilot bearing for a 4.0L engine of the same year as your donor AX15.  If the donor transmission is from a Jeep YJ Wrangler or XJ Cherokee, you need a crankshaft pilot bearing or bushing that fits the donor model year and 4.0L engine.

Here are actually OEM part numbers for 1991-93 Jeep 4.0L pilot bearings.  The parts diagrams should be useful as well.  I have yellow highlighted the part numbers in the PDF.  You can zoom-in on the diagrams for more detail:

4.0L Crankshaft Pilot Bearing.pdf

Your AX15 is the hydraulic clutch release bearing type.  Make sure the new crankshaft pilot bearing fits the inside diameter of the crankshaft bore.  The inside diameter of the pilot bearing must be the same size as your AX15's input gear nose.  The pilot bearing must fit your crankshaft and also fit the input gear's nose.

Moses