Neutral safety switch

HI! Moses ,

Thanks for aswering me , How are you?   i have another question its about the the Neutral safety switch  for my swap . Can  you Teach me how to wire my NSS switch.please. my trans is 42RE

and i dont know the location  and the picture of the wiring. Thanks.

Regards,

Mario Bedayo

• Administrators

Mario...The automatic transmission uses a neutral start switch for cranking only in Park and Neutral.  Manual transmission models have a clutch pedal switch.  If you end up with clutch linkage that has the pedal start switch, you could use the wiring from the 42RE shift linkage switch to work with the pedal switch.

Note:  Years ago, manual transmission models had no clutch pedal start switch.  The pedal switch does prevent cranking the engine and accidentally launching the vehicle while in gear.

Your call whether you want to include the clutch pedal starter switch.  When the clutch pedal is depressed, the starter circuit is interrupted.  Think of this as an "open" in the starter solenoid activation wire from the key switch.  When the pedal depresses, the pedal switch closes the wire, and the starter cranking signal can take place.  When the pedal is released, this circuit (the cranking wire to the starter solenoid) opens, and current cannot flow to the starter solenoid from the key switch start/cranking wire.  

If you use the existing wiring for the neutral start system, that will be fused.  If you splice into the solenoid activation wire and route a pair of wires to the clutch pedal interruption switch, that must also be fused.

Moses