Flywheels jeep stroker

• Administrators

jeepstroker...5.1L from a 4.0L/4.2L stroker?  Wow, that's a lot of displacement.  Modified 4.2L crank?  What size bore?  Which rods?

Like you do, I sourced/searched at Summit Racing to see what's available.  Centerforce pops up, I've used Centerforce clutches since the 'eighties.  The steel flywheel is SFI approved and an internal balance type.  If that's helpful, this may be one of the rare sources for a performance Jeep inline six flywheel:  

Brand:Centerforce

Manufacturer's Part Number:400469

Part Type:Flywheels

Product Line:Centerforce Steel Flywheels

Summit Racing Part Number:CTF-400469

UPC:788442024654

Ring Gear Tooth Quantity:164-tooth

Rear Main Seal Style:2-piece

Flywheel Material:Steel

Engine Balance:Internal

Weight:27.500 lbs.

Replaceable Friction Surface:No

Safety Rating:SFI 1.1

Quantity:Sold individually.

In-Store Pickup:Choose In-store pick-up (OH, GA, NV) on our web site.

Centerforce steel flywheels are available for popular import and domestic vehicles, including trucks. They're CAD/CAM-designed and CNC-machined from billet steel for precise, no-hassle, bolt-in installations. No modifications are required in combination with either Centerforce clutches or other clutch assemblies built to OEM specs. These flywheels are SFI-approved, so you know that you can count on them--on the street and on the track.

Advance Adapters and I have both supported Centerforce products for decades.

Moses

• Administrators

jeepstroker...The OEM flywheel is fine for most uses.  Resurfacing (step style when required) and balancing are always recommended.  If you're building to this standard, I'm sure you have balanced all reciprocally moving parts in the lower engine, right?

Moses 

On 3/31/2016 at 10:51 PM, Moses Ludel said:

jeepstroker...The OEM flywheel is fine for most uses.  Resurfacing (step style when required) and balancing are always recommended.  If you're building to this standard, I'm sure you have balanced all reciprocally moving parts in the lower engine, right?

Moses 

yes :) ...... centerforce on the way

thank you moses