Should I Install an Aftermarket Steering Stabilizer / Damper?

Note:  The link quote below ("Rebuilding the Jeep Ross TL Cam and Lever Steering Gear") is a lengthy exchange with Moses Ludel. Below is my original question from this thread, followed by Moses' response:

A question that I've been meaning to ask you concerns the wisdom, or lack thereof, in installing an aftermarket steering stabilizer, like this one made by Rancho: http://www.amazon.com/Rancho-RS97345-Steering-Stabilizer-Kit/dp/B000CP8H6W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457751948&sr=8-1&keywords=Rancho+RS+97345  My brother in law has a similar steering stabilizer on his '67 CJ5, and seems to like it.  I've resisted installing one up to this point simply out of a desire to maintain as much originality as possible.  However, it is an easily removable bolt-on item that, if it were painted black, would not be all that noticeable.  If it would increase the safety margin (as it is supposed to mitigate against the dreaded "death wobble") and/or the driveablilty of the jeep somewhat, maybe it would be worth doing. 

What are your thoughts on this?

Moses' reply and our exchange can be found by clicking the quote link: