HEI Distributor

I have used the DUI HEI in a couple of IH Scouts with good results.

I want to upgrade my 78 4.2L CJ7 to a HEI and would like to know if anyone has any comments on the DUI HEI vs. the CRT Performance HEI distributors..

The price for the DUI with Live Wires is : $388 vs. CRT $135.00.  Quite a bit of difference in price if the quality is equal..  I do not want to compare to one of the cheapies on Ebay, only these 2.  

Comments and or suggestions appreciated..

BTW, I am only going to do the ignition for now, may do the Clifford Kit later..

Thanks,

TejasCJ7 

• Administrators

DUI builds a quality ignition.  Its HEI is notably well built.  I read the specs on the CRT, must be offshore built at this price, though it does have all the right bells and whistles for a G.M. type HEI designed to properly fit an AMC inline 232/258 six.  You might inquire about shaft bushings or bearings for the CRT.  I'm not familiar with the product.  Saw it priced at $109 plus freight in the first Google search position.

Moses

Moses,

I completely agree with you.. I have bought several DUI units over the years and have never had a problem..  

Think I will stick with them and use their distributor and wires..  can't go wrong with a proven product.

By the way, the fix on the thermostat housing pitting worked like a charm..  no more leaks..  way to go Ultra Grey..

Gonna get back on her this weekend, fixing the taillight wiring that was hacked and install the gauges..

Then I am going to drive her until it gets too cold..

This winter she goes on the jack stands and will strip and repaint or Monster Liner the inside of the tub and install the new Corbeau Moab Seats along with the Safari rear Seat.. Get my body shop buddy next door to knock out a couple of dents and try to make it look like original paint which he says he can do..  then body bushings, shocks, install new cables and pull the heater apart and clean it..  That will be it for this winter...

Gonna be cool next spring cruising in my CJ :) 

Gene 

• Administrators

Very cool, indeed, TejasCJ7!  Ultra Grey is great stuff, the distributor upgrade will provide some gains and a better spark advance curve (also adjustable if desired).  Looking forward to pics of the repaint, if anything like your Scout II restorations, oh, boy!

Moses