Chasin' Coyotes and Subsequent Cherokee 4x4 Damage.....

I used to joke about three brothers in Montana back in the 70's, who wrecked at least three Piper Super Cubs while chasing coyotes.  One would pilot the craft, another would hang out the window with an Ithaca 10 ga. automatic full of 3 1/2" 00 buckshot loads, and the third brother on the ground with a radio on a snow machine to collect the pelts.  Seems that the "pilot" always managed to get way too involved in the chase, outside the window, instead of what was in front of him.  

Well, sir, I managed to do sort of the same thing.  Only in my 98 Cherokee.  Wasn't looking while rolling through the sagebrush, trying to work binoculars, keep the rifle from falling out the window, and keeping the Jeep in motion.  Ran over what was left of a three strand barbed wire fence, which snagged the exhaust pipe at the junction in front of the catalytic converter, and pulled it apart.  Also pulled the wiring to the 02 connector apart.  

Well, it's been a long, long time since I've had to shovel snow out from under a rig to work on it.  Wasn't too bad.  Managed to slip the pipe back together, as well as remove the barbed wire that was entangled underneath.  Fortunate indeed that the driveshaft didn't grab that wire!!!!  Now, I've got to splice that wiring back together, as I didn't manage a 'trail fix' on it, and it sure runs like crap without that signal!

Just thought I'd share an afternoon's worth of "fun" with ya......oh, didn't get no coyote, but DID get a shot at a wolf.  A very, very long shot that only managed to make a lot of noise.