Jeep Wrangler (1992)

Owner: Megatron

Added: 27 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

20131023_113518.jpg

Dodge Ram 3500 (2006)

Owner: Megatron

Added: 25 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

6-inch XJ suspension lift (Lead).jpg

Jeep XJ Cherokee 4WD Sport 4-door (1999)

Owner: Moses Ludel

Added: 15 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

1988DodgeDakota.jpg

Dodge Dakota (1988)

Owner: biggman100

Added: 22 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

Forum Photos (2).jpg

Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Quad-Cab 4x4 S...

Owner: Moses Ludel

Added: 15 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

Photo

Some Vehicles Discovered in the Neighborhood!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rocket Doctor

Rocket Doctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationArco, Idaho

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

Out wandering around town for a bit after a grocery run.  Had the camera with me, and thought "what the heck", and snapped some photos of fairly interesting (to me, anyway) vehicles sitting adjacent to the street, and not well hidden.

Haven't managed to knock on anyone's door yet, to find more out about them, but there's a couple that I really want to.  One I didn't get a photo of today is an M38A1 with the drivetrain pulled, and the front sheetmetal in the back.  Looks like they're getting ready to lift the body tub off.  The fellers that live there finished up an M38 restoration last year, and apparently sold it right away.  There's also some IHC Scouts, but I'll need to get permission to access the land just to photograph those.  Looks as though he's using them as a parts source for the one he's driving.  

Anyhow, thought you might be interested in some older 'iron', and even a couple of tractors tucked in behind the rigs.  Enjoy!

Attached Files

#2 Rocket Doctor

Rocket Doctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationArco, Idaho

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

BTW....not sure what year the Power Wagon is, but the guy that owns it used it last winter to plow snow and clear parking lots here in town.  The Chevy in the second photo is again, year unknown, but it IS a one ton, and I salivate over those axles and running gear every time I go past.  The faded red Ford is, I believe, a '72, the Subaru is just cool/interesting, not sure if those Brats were 4X4 or not, or whether this one has the rear facing seat in the bed.  The '57 Ford is owned and driven daily by the owner of the market here in town.  They could've spent more time on the bodywork, and the burple sure ain't my first choice for a paint job, but, at least it ain't in the bottom end of a wrecking yard somewhere!  I need to talk to the fellow and see if he'll part with the blue '67 for parts truck for MY '67 project.  If it had a seat that could be reupholstered, a radio, and the grille ass'y, it might be worth a bit to me!  The last one is also a daily driver.  Just a very, very clean 70's F150, and I've always liked that body........more to come as I get out and around.

Behind the power wagon is a little Ford tractor.  I didn't want to intrude to see if it was a 9N, a 2N, or an 8N, but I'd like to have it to go with my 1949 8N!  Behind the Subaru is a 1010 John Deere with single front wheel, something of an oddity around these parts, but old JD's are COOL!

Also in the close vicinity, and I'll get photos of soon, is the back end of an older CJ-something that I need to investigate, several of the J-series Jeep pickups from the early-mid 60's, one in particular that I know has the Buick V8 and 4 speed, as well as some older Chev, Ford, IHC, and GMC's.  Just not very many Dodge outfits, other than the newer "Ram" trucks.  There IS one truck that's been strutting around town, an older Cornbinder 4X4, with what sound like a V8 of some sort, a manual transmission that I gather from the way it shifts and listening to the exhaust, and a faded orange paint job that has gone to pink, and is absolutely disgusting, but the truck just don't have enough "O's" in coooooooool!

#3 Moses Ludel

Moses Ludel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationReno Area...Nevada
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

Nice vintage iron, Rocket Doctor!  I'm drawn to the Power Wagon, some get great attention in restorations and buildups.

Moses

#4 Rocket Doctor

Rocket Doctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationArco, Idaho

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

I've read about a few buildups on them. One that caught my eye awhile back used not much more than the cab, fenders, and a cut-down bed, and was mounted on a Ram pickup chassis.  Not much left of the original rig, but it sure was an eye catcher!  

I heard mention of a Marmon-Harrington 4 wheel drive conversion 54 Ford panel truck, that should show up at a small car show up the valley in a few days.  The camera WILL be going for that one.

#5 Moses Ludel

Moses Ludel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,119 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

The Marmon-Harrington was Ford's equivalent of the NAPCO conversions on GM and Studebaker trucks.  A '54 Ford F100 Panel truck is rare enough, toss on a M-H conversion, and this sounds very interesting!  Keep us posted, Rocket Doctor...

Moses

#6 Rocket Doctor

Rocket Doctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationArco, Idaho

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

At last year's car show when the M-H was displayed, he had a for sale sign in the window, asking $15K.  I thought it a bit much, until I reflected on it a few days later and realized that he probably wasn't far off the mark, but too rich for my blood.  In any event, they filled the park with this year's offerings, and the M-H was absent.  New this year, though, is this 1946 CJ2A restoration with 1967 vintage military trailer painted to match.  Not for sale, but a real eye popper!

Also, had to go to the local lumber yard just 500 feet up the road, and the owner's son has an early '60s J series pickup for sale.  I inquired, and got to poke around a bit.  Under the hood is the OHC 6 cylinder with 4 speed transmission.  Included in the deal is a Wagoneer that I didn't have time to knock the weeds back and take a close look at, but the two were offered for $1K.  Perhaps.  I offered him a Weatherby .300 Mag in trade that I have no use for, and he's mulling it over.......

Attached Files

#7 Moses Ludel

Moses Ludel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,119 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:27 AM

The J-truck brings back a flood of memories.  I remember their introduction with the OHC 230.  In one high school job, I drove a 4WD delivery/panel J-truck with the OHC 230 and a three-speed manual transmission, column shifted.  That body would be very rare today.

The CJ2-A is very nice, though you're on the fence these days on whether to parade or use a vintage Jeep...Still see flat fenders on the Rubicon Trail, I can think of easier duty for this old iron!

Keep us posted, Rocket Doctor,

Moses

#8 Rocket Doctor

Rocket Doctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationArco, Idaho

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

About the only other thing that I've stumbled onto recently was a 1967 Jeepster Commando.  Buick V6, Turbo 400.  I'd about forgotten what a neat little rig those were!  Owner had dropped a tree across the roof, which was still installed.  Weeds growing up into the engine compartment, through the wheels, and probably wrapped around the axles by now.  Of course, the owner admitted that it'd been parked "at least" ten years, but wouldn't sell, as he was gonna fix 'er up, someday........couldn't argue with him too much, as I've plenty of those sorts of projects sitting around my own place!  

#9 Moses Ludel

Moses Ludel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,119 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

That's a good one, cult following, I remember them new at the dealership, quite a stir.  You noted one of the obvious advances during the Kaiser Jeep era:  A Turbo 400, not just a 350.  A Buick 225 V-6 Dauntless...Nice, even with a tree across the top!

#10 Rocket Doctor

Rocket Doctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationArco, Idaho

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

I did leave my contact information with the owner, just in case he got to 'chewing it over' later on. That power train package, in that little rig would be a LOT of fun! Of course, it'd just HAVE to go topless, with a cage and a good soft top.........
The owner of the little '46 2A is right proud of it, as well he should be. I'm still planning on making the trip back to Michigan with the car hauler to pick up the 47 that my Bud gifted to me. That one is complete, original, AND, has another 134 L head, transmission and transfer case that comes with it. That one would have to have the resto work done, the '49 I have here, that's already been heavily modified, well, that's another story!

#11 Moses Ludel

Moses Ludel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,119 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

Keep us posted on your unfolding Jeep plan, Rocket Doctor!  You're clearly having a good time here...

Moses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users