dabneyr

KTM 990 Adventure R (2012)

2 posts in this topic

Here is my Baja setup.  I like to pack light so the bike still handles well off-road. I use a small pack on the back and the side bags that fit inside the crash bars.  It's a great bike off-road and you can cruise at 90 mph on the highway comfortably all day.

ready4baja.jpg

Fantastic machine, Dabneyr!  KTM offers leading edge technology and constantly improves product. 

What is the approximate weight as pictured?  This looks like a much more manageable motorcycle off-pavement.  Pleased to read your comments about handling at speed "all day".  My only cycle that met that criteria was a BMW K1100LT capable of highway stints in the 600-700 mile range per day without rider fatigue.  That model had no off-pavement orientation at all.

How much mileage do you get between tire changes?  Type of tires?  The fuel MPG on-highway?  Off-pavement?  The mileage range as equipped?

Is maintenance reasonable, and do you service and repair the cycle yourself?  How is the parts availability? 

Please share your travels at the "Dual-Sport..." and "Travel & Adventure..." forums.  Other members will be excited to know about your adventures! 

Thanks for sharing this stunning motorcycle, Dabneyr...

Moses