Jeep Wrangler (1992)

Owner: Megatron

Added: 27 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

20131023_113518.jpg

Dodge Ram 3500 (2006)

Owner: Megatron

Added: 25 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

6-inch XJ suspension lift (Lead).jpg

Jeep XJ Cherokee 4WD Sport 4-door (1999)

Owner: Moses Ludel

Added: 15 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Photo

Member Photo Gallery: Ford F-350 pickup (1995)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JohnF

JohnF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

Name: Ford F-350 Pickup (1995)
Date Added: 25 January 2014 - 05:29 PM
Owner: JohnF
Short Description: I know, it's not a Jeep! This is my Ford, and I did a complete frame off restoration on the truck three years ago.

image_url-28-1390688981_thumb.jpg

View Vehicle
  • Megatron likes this

#2 Moses Ludel

Moses Ludel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 899 posts
  • LocationReno Area...Nevada
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

Incredible truck, an F350 4x4 is so tough! Looking forward to close-ups and posts at the Ford F-truck forum—you can get me and many Ford F-truck enthusiasts going there...What's the powertrain?

Looks similar to the model on the cover of my Ford F-Series Pickup Owner's Bible (Bentley Publishers)! Many really like this era of Ford F-trucks.  Bentley and Advance Adapters sell my mid-'nineties edition of this book to this day, it's a celebration of Ford trucks like yours, John!  I like to talk Ford trucks—a 1995 frame-off restoration already?...Where have the years gone! 

Moses

#3 JohnF

JohnF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

Moses,

powertrain is a powerstroke 7.3L diesel with an auto transmission. Rust was not nice to this truck. It started out as a fender replacement, and of course the deeper you dig !!!! $ 20,000 later in parts i had a new 1995

#4 Moses Ludel

Moses Ludel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 899 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

A consolation on the cost, JohnF: The 7.3L Navistar/Ford F350 4x4 is rapidly becoming a cult classic.  A friend was offered $15K for his bought new, and he passed.  A brother-in-law of mine bought one of the last ones (new) with the 7.3L and just said at Thanksgiving, "They can bury me in that truck...and I plan to live a long time!"

This is Ford at its best...You'll have no regrets.  Looking forward to your filling the pages at the Ford F-truck forum around this gem! Bring on the Ford F-series trucks.  Have tech questions?   I have a shelf with factory service data on your truck, JohnF.

Moses

#5 JohnF

JohnF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:26 AM

I am actually thinking about putiing it up for sale. I need to feed my jeep hobby :-) all reasonable offers wll be considered :-)

#6 Moses Ludel

Moses Ludel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 899 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:59 AM

JohnF, make sure you won't regret the "loss" later!  This is a Ford 4x4 truck at the pinnacle of refinement and ruggedness.  The 7.3L is a home run powerplant.  While fuel efficiency is not as good as the 5.9L Cummins (I'm just sayin'), the 7.3L's fuel efficiency is "consistently good" and typical for I-H/Navistar engines. 

In my I-H experience, which dates to the late 'sixties as a light- and medium-duty truck fleet mechanic working with I-H gasoline engines in I-H pickups, a rugged medium duty dump truck with an RD 406 inline six engine, several Metro vans with the BD 240 six, and outside experience with Scout models from the 152 and 196 slant fours to 304, 345 and 392 V-8s, the best way to describe I-H fuel efficiency is "consistent"—whether under load or running empty... 

I believe your F350 model even has the traditional full-floating front axle wheel bearing and manual locking hub arrangement, right?  Later applications use a modified front wheel bearing design that is problematic and requires exotic specialty tools for service—front hub bearings are the only issue my brother-in-law has addressed on his truck.

If you'd like to sell the truck, feel free to use the forums' Photo Gallery.  I've thought from the start-up of the "Garage" that it would double as a good opportunity for members to share and offer their vehicles and equipment for sale.  Don't be bashful!  As you would with any other internet activity, use discretion about your personal information and access...For members, the forum Email system is secure, another feature I explored when choosing Invision Power Services as the server host. 

Moses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users