Jeep Wrangler (1992)

Owner: Megatron

Added: 27 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

20131023_113518.jpg

Dodge Ram 3500 (2006)

Owner: Megatron

Added: 25 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

6-inch XJ suspension lift (Lead).jpg

Jeep XJ Cherokee 4WD Sport 4-door (1999)

Owner: Moses Ludel

Added: 15 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Photo
- - - - -

Rebuilding the Honda XR650R Motorcycle Upper Engine

dirt motorcycle dirt motorcycle forum off-road motorcycle dual-sport motorcycle dirt bike discussion dirt bike how-to dirt motorcycle how-to Honda XR

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Moses Ludel

Moses Ludel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 757 posts
  • LocationReno Area...Nevada
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

The magazine's Honda XR650R is slated for remote field service and use as an HD video platform.  Reliability is essential.  I ran a compression test when the engine refused to start.  The results became an HD video how-to when I moved from the simple compression test to a full-fledged cylinder leak down test.  Want to know more about a leak down test?  Click here for the 4WD Mechanix HD Video Network feature and details!

High cylinder leakage called for a top end inspection and repairs.  I moved to a tear down, part of the top engine rebuild.  Both the tear down and the rebuild/reassembly will be covered at the magazine as HD video 'how-to'.

Attached File  Cylinder Leak Down Test-8.JPG   96.97KB   0 downloads Attached File  Honda XR650R Engine Teardown-8.JPG   92.29KB   0 downloads

At left is the cylinder leak down test covered in the HD video how-to. At right is the actual top engine tear down, part of the current rebuild. See both HD videos at the magazine for details! 

Here is Part 1, the top engine tear down: http://www.4wdmechanix.com/Honda-XR650R-Motorcycle-Upper-Engine-Rebuild-Part-1-Tear-Down-How-to.html.

Expect more details as the sublet work and reassembly become Part 2 of the how-to HD video series!

Moses

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dirt motorcycle, dirt motorcycle forum, off-road motorcycle, dual-sport motorcycle, dirt bike discussion, dirt bike how-to, dirt motorcycle how-to, Honda XR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users