Replix Jeep CJ7 Hard Top Windshield Seam

Hi,

I have a hard top that has had the part that attaches it to the windshield ripped off. The rivets are ripped out and the seam is lost. It used to be part of the hard top. Do you know how I can replace it?  It is a thin flat piece of metal that used to be riveted right to the hard top right where it met the windshield.

1983 CJ7 top was original equip

• Administrators

Hi, guru520...Photos would help, we can walk through the possible ways to restore the rivets if you can share pics of the actual damage and wear.

Here is a factory top schematic and parts blowout that should help explain the relationship of the parts, we can discuss this further if you have questions:

1981-86 CJ-7 and Scrambler Headlining and Upper Trim Moulding.pdf

Zoom into the document for image details.  This is PDF and can be enlarged for more detail...

Moses

The part I am referencing was actually part of the hardtop before it ripped off when the rivets pulled out. I am also assuming the hardtop was an original factory part. The diagram you show seems as if the different parts are removable. The hardtop I have all those parts are one large fiberglass top. I don't know how those different parts could be removed individually. I will take photos and post next.  The part that most looks like what I am trying to describe would be 4 possibly.

• Administrators

Hmmm...Looking forward to your photos.  The parts schematic shows pieces that a body shop or dealership warranty tech would be able to get in the day.  Makes sense that many of these pieces are a part of the hardtop as you've discovered...