Hello I have a 1990 Jeep Wrangler 2.5l and I'm having a problem keeping it going it will start and I have to keep my foot in it to keep it going once I let off it will die does not idle then it will not start again what's my problem thanks?

• Administrators

Joe...Check the ISA adjustment and the function of the ISA motor.  We have covered this thoroughly at the forums.  In the Search box, change the mode to "All Content".  Type in the words "ISA motor".  You will get a roster of troubleshooting work we've done on Jeep Wrangler 2.5L TBI idle issues and the ISA motor, including PDFs with actual guidelines for the factory adjustment method.

Before condemning the ISA motor or making adjustments, make sure your fuel filter is okay.  Replace it if in question.  The fuel supply can be affected by a clogged filter.  You could have a pump issue, but start with the fuel filter.  There are many other troubleshooting exchanges at the forums.  They should be very helpful...

Let us know how this works out...

Moses