Jeep Wrangler (1992)

Owner: Megatron

Added: 27 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

20131023_113518.jpg

Dodge Ram 3500 (2006)

Owner: Megatron

Added: 25 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

6-inch XJ suspension lift (Lead).jpg

Jeep XJ Cherokee 4WD Sport 4-door (1999)

Owner: Moses Ludel

Added: 15 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Navigation

Random Vehicle

1994 Dakota Pickup.jpg

Dodge Dakota (1994)

22 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

Recently Updated

1981.jpg Jeep CJ7 (1983)
Owner: NVjeep
16 September 2014 - 04:04 PM
1991 0004a.jpg Willys Jeep CJ5 (1958)
Owner: stearnsm
06 June 2014 - 02:45 PM
DSCF4138 - Copy (1280x960).jpg Jeep Liberty (2006)
Owner: belvedere
04 April 2014 - 06:43 PM
Picture 031 (6).jpg Jeep CJ5 (1967)
Owner: JohnF
25 January 2014 - 02:11 PM
TCI Nelson-Rigg.JPG Honda Motorcycle XR650R (2000)
Owner: Moses Ludel
03 October 2013 - 08:36 PM
Rating   * * * * * 1 Votes

Dodge Ram 3500 (2006)

20131023_113518.jpg
  • Vehicle Owner: Megatron
  • Date Added: 25 September 2013 - 07:37 AM
  • Date Updated: 30 September 2013 - 12:53 PM
  • Color: Black
  • Views: 1,030
  • Odometer: 70,000 Miles

2006 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 5.9 CR Diesel.

Megatron
03 October 2013 - 11:43 AM
Thanks biggman100, its a labor of love and skipped lunches so I had some parts money lol

I have found some of these things to be decent priced and some of the things to be high priced, in my opinion. My obsession with DIY things is the cost saved in labor. These cost are enough to fund buying other things. I figure there is enough people out there that take there vehicle to a shop everyday so they shouldn't miss my business that much lol. I also have found most shops don't like to install aftermarket things unless you buy it from them. I do support local business as much as possible, but I also support the aftermarket industry. In order to support the industry as a whole you cant always buy local.

Not all local shops carry the products I seek. So when I reach out to get support about products from vendors I feel obligated to reward their time with a purchase. Assuming the product fits my needs. I also try to buy products for my vehicle to support USA made. Luckily, I haven't seen many aftermarket parts for my vehicles that come form outside the USA lol.

One thing that gets me is the lack of local (to me in Kansas City) off road performance shops. I guess our lack of off road venues doesn't support it. But I counter that with a lot of road vehicles lifted, lowered, supercharged, turbo charged and tricked out. These people are spending money somewhere.. Like me, I have been buying aftermarket parts since I turned 16. I could have retired if I saved all that money lol. Lucky for Summit Racing I have a condition lol.

With Moses new page and Garage layout it gives me the ability to share my modifications and my personal reviews. He is working on adding more space for a good write up about every modification. This is the age of information and if we don't share it, it gets lost. Some day vendors will see that word of mouth by the average Joe will sell just as many, if not more, things than a pro driver will.

Before the internet you only got the vendors side of the story. Now I can see all different levels of feedback just by researching a little. Yes there will always be the disgruntled customer who had a bad experience. To me that's to be expected in business, but how the vendors handle it sets them apart from the rest. Much like my USA 6x6 experience on the Overkill project. I waited almost a year for my products and was given excuses instead of answers at every turn in the road. In the end the product wasn't as described and nothing was done to correct it. Well instead of being disrespectful and making an internet rant, all I had to do was post an honest review on my experience and let others see it. There actions were more damaging to their business than any words I could have typed out in a rant. Being honest also left them no room for a reply. I know they aren't bad people, just didn't run their business very good. And for that they are out of business.

I plan to keep posting all my experiences here on the cool pages of 4WD Mechanix Magazine. Moses is loaded with knowledge and I plan on dragging it all out of him lol. Just promise me no body will ever give this page to my wife because if she finds out what I really paid for parts my next story will be about modifying a park bench for permanent residence. However, if I die make sure one of you goes to the garage sell because if she list the parts with the prices I gave her... its going to be the best garage sell ever lol..

biggman100
01 October 2013 - 02:05 PM
Megatron, that is a nice looking Ram. I was looking over your truck, as well as the costs involved for some of the modifications, and found that it isnt as costly as i expected for some of this stuff, so now im looking into doing some of the same things on a 99 Ram i picked up. I doubt most of them will ever happen, at least at this point in time, but its nice to know these kinds of things can be done without selling everything you own to do it. The prices you posted for each modification you have done to your truck really put things in perspective, at least for me.

Megatron
26 September 2013 - 08:01 AM
Thanks Moses. Like most peoples vehicles here, it is a work in progress. I have a lot of future things planned for the truck and cant wait to share them. I will do my best to keep it updated.

Moses Ludel
25 September 2013 - 02:56 PM
Megatron, your Dodge Ram 3500 truck is stunning! Members and guests, make sure you click on the "Images" and "Modifications" buttons (above the photo pane) to see more details on Megatron's truck!

Megatron has engaged in a lively discussion at the Dodge and Ram Truck forum: http://forums.4wdmec...ram-4wd-trucks/. If you like Dodge Ram and Dakota trucks, check out the forum discussions with Megatron, Biggman100 and others—myself included!

Thanks for sharing, Megatron. This is one great looking Dodge Ram 3500. The modifications photos provide the bigger picture of your Cummins turbo-diesel powered pickup—one very well built, properly lifted, fully accessorized and painstakingly upgraded truck...

Looking forward to more photos!

Moses

• 13 Owners
  • 23 Vehicles
  • 35 Modifications
  • 155 Images
  • 31 Comments

Garage System v3.2.1 © 2014 DevFuse